Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer of Sickies

I never write on this. I always say that I will and even come up with ways to do better, but the fact is I just have other priorities. I actually love to write. I have journaled as long as I can remember but it just seems mentally exhausting most days to sit and either hand write or type up what has been happening. A lot of times it isn't even the writing or typing but the process of finding pen and paper or going through the motions of posting.

We haven't done a ton this summer because majority of our summer has been spent sick. The kids have had random fevers, colds, and virus's all summer long so we have spent most of our time indoors watching movies (that the kids are definitely tired of) and trying to stay sane with through the cabin fever. I think the most frustrating thing is that the well children have to stay in when they obviously feel fine while I nurse the sickies back to health. We have colored lots of pictures, played lots of games, again - watched lots of movies, and spent lots of time cuddling on the couch under a mound of blankets whether it is 80 or 99 degrees outside.
On the days that we have all been well, we have had a blast. We have spent many mornings in the little pool and sprinkler in the backyard. We have gotten ice-cream from the ice-cream truck, complete with loud obnoxious music. We have had visitors come and go. We have gone to the Aquarium and the Children's Discovery Museum. And, our latest thing to enjoy is going to the YMCA. They have a great indoor play gym and outside play area with fit classes for the kids. We have gone to the Y pool (only when Pete is home!) so the kids can learn to swim. So, the summer is not lost and we still have a few weeks left.

My prayer for today is that the Lord will guide us in enjoying our time indoors and that our family will all be well for an extended period of time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks