Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why I love rainy afternoons

It is raining, obviously, and I realized how much I love rainy afternoons.  I think of hot tea, old movies, my silky soft blanket and a huge, incredibly hard jigsaw puzzle.  I think that I love them so much because they mean "lazy".  You can decide to put off the grocery store trip or playing outside (which is exhausting for a mother of 4 with a couple who still need lots of attention when outdoors.)  It makes me feel like curling up with a good book and dozing off.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  I think the kids and I will do just that.  I will get some puzzles out on the dining table and a stack of books that haven't been opened in a while.  Maybe we will end the evening with an old movie that kids forgot about.  Now.....if only I can get the munchkins on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks